Linda and Harold Reiersen Memorial Scholarship
RCS has been awarding vocal scholarships of up to $1,000 to graduating high school seniors since 1992. To continue this tradition, we ask our community’s music teachers, vocal coaches, and/or choir directors to nominate a worthy candidate for our award.
- A resident of Staten Island
- A senior in good academic standing who has applied to and plans to attend an institute of higher education and will continue their studies in voice
- A participant in their school’s vocal music program: Chorus, soloist with an instrumental ensemble, SING, theater performance, or a known participant in community theater or church/synagogue choir
The candidate will be asked to submit a resume along with the attached application by Monday, March 20th, and a copy of their musical selection for an informal audition. They will have the opportunity to choose and prepare a piece to sing with the expert coaching of RCS’s music director, Marina Alexander on Monday, April 17th .
The winning candidate will receive the award and perform at the upcoming RCS spring concert on Saturday, May 20, 2023, 8 PM at the Church of St. Clare in Great Kills.
Vocal Training and Voice Experience (Please attach resume)
- The candidate will perform a selection from the classical vocal repertoire (opera, operetta, art songs, oratorio, Gilbert and Sullivan).
- A copy of the musical selection must be submitted with this application for our accompanist.
- Audition date: Monday, April 17
- Applicants will be notified with their audition location and time.